Thursday, December 18, 2014

Another Christmas dress in border print

I already wrote in my previous post that I bought several woven fabrics in border print. The cloths I am showing you in this post are from Michael Miller's Wee wonder, which I also bought at Fabric.com.

 

I bought 2 yards to make my eldest a dress. I used my newly acquired Stof Voor Durf het Zelvers 2 and mixed and matched myself a great dress. I chose a bodice with small collar, long sleeves and a gathered skirt. Griet's (author of the books) daughters are probably of a similar build as my kids, because (I almost did not believe it) I had to use sizes that were similar to her length. Based on my daughter's measurements and the measurements table I made a dress from sizes varying between 104 and 116 (For Ottobre patterns I usually have to cut a width of 92) and the dress fits perfectly.




Getting ready for the spinning test. 


Spinning out of the frame.


I still had a big pile of fabric left after cutting the dress. My son, as usual looked a bit jealous at the girly fabric, and I decided to cut my son a shirt from it too. The pattern is from the same book. The pattern combines woven cotton with jersey. Only a small piece of woven cotton is needed and I cut the boy from the border to make it less girly. I used T3 transparent snaps on the shoulders, to keep the focus on the fabric. It would have been better if I would have cut a size 110 instead of 104, but this way my middle daughter will be able to enjoy the shirt soon.



 

I can also (almost) see it mommy!

 The last picture is just cute, but not usefull at all to show the shirt!

I again linkup this post to both the Sew and Show and Project Run and Play Christmas sewing link ups.

Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).  

13 comments:

  1. Mooie jurk weer! En wat fijn voor je zoon dat hij ook een stukje van de mooie stof kreeg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooi feestelijke jurk! Het shirt is ook geweldig, het stofje gaat zo trouwens perfect voor een jongen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leuke jurk is het geworden. De stof is ook geweldig, en ook nog een voor nummer 2 slim bedacht. Nu al een geslaagd boek ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inderdaad erg geslaagd boek! Jij gaat er ook vast van genieten.

      Delete
  4. Inderdaad erg cute, zeker met zijn 2 beertjes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alweer zo'n mooie jurk! Het nieuwe boek dacht ik nog over na, maar zo te lezen zeker de moeite waard?
    Nog gefeliciteerd trouwens met de nominatie op de linked-in party ; ) Het shirtje vind ik ook helemaal geslaagd! Leuke combi van de streepjes en het stofje.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je Jo voor de complimenten, ik ben inderdaad heel blij met het boek, het gaf me weer veel nieuwe inspiratie. Ik vind het sowieso heerlijk om naaiboeken te lezen.

      Delete
  6. wow! Doe je goed. Erg leuk deze jurk! Het kraagje is een schattig detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je, eerste echte kraagje (ik heb 1 keer ieder iets gefrummeld) en ik vind het ook echt iets extra's geven.

      Delete
  7. met de drukte rond de feestdagen had ik deze post gemist, en lees ik hem nu pas. 't is dus een beetje laat om te "commenten", maar het zijn zo'n mooie creaties dat ik het niet kan laten om toch even "WAAUW" te zeggen! Alletwee supergeslaagd!

    ReplyDelete