Saturday, March 7, 2015

Gemini skirt testing

Today Sofilantjes is officially releasing her newest pattern and it is a bundle and it is called the Gemini skirt bundle! You get two very different skirts in one buy. I had the honor to test the pattern and I made two straight versions. As you may know, gemini means twins and I therefore made two the same skirts (in different sizes). Buy your own pattern now with a 30% release discount!


My girls are skinny so I made a 98/104 for my 7 year old and a 62/68 for my one and a half year old (I based my decision on the size table). I used the length of one size up (which corresponds to their actual length) and the skirts fitted perfectly both length and width wise.




Both the skirt types are mend to made of jersey (although some testers tried and succeeded in making the circle version in woven as well). Not much fabric was needed for these straight fits, I made them from the same fabric as this dress. My three girls therefore can be dresses as triplets. I had bought one meter frog prince jersey and now the only thing that remains is really scraps.



The side seam is intentionally of centre, which puts the pockets on the front of the body. The skirts have a yoga waistband without elastic in the hem. The skirts sewed up very quickly.


I was requested to make the straight version, but I will make the circle version soon, I have seen many adorable versions from other testers. The straight fit is a bit shorter than the circle skirt, which makes for perfect freedom of movement as  can be seen on the following pictures.





I had too many nice pictures, so here are a few more, just feel the sisterly love.




I love to hear what you think of my creations. Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian). 

11 comments:

  1. Wat een vrolijke rokjes en leuke foto's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schattig om je dochters zo samen te zien spelen. Leuke, vrolijke rokjes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superschattig! Ik houd van dit soort rokjes, makkelijk te maken en de kids dragen ze graag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Een mooi!! Die zullen veel gedragen worden denk ik

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat schattig de zusjes is hetzelfde rokje! Prachtige foto's!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ziet er lief en comfortabel uit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vrolijke rokjes! Passen perfect voor jouw skinny girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. zo vrolijk! En wat een zussenliefde!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dit zijn perfecte rokjes voor mijn stoere meiden! Wat een leuke blog heb je!

    ReplyDelete